I Love Library Databases

This space is for me to participate in PLCMC's Learning 2.0 program.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Useful Library Blogs

I am just trying to catch up with my Learning 2.0 exercises...

I have had a Bloglines account for several months now, so I already understand that blog aggregators are useful.

Howver, as far as being a regular blog reader, I am just not there yet. At least five years ago, blogs were online vanity presses, where people I knew IRL (in real life) exposed themselves more than they should have.

So while I have begun to get my mind around some blogs which are useful information tools, I don't read them habitually.

I realize that team blogs with many participants posting have the potential to be useful, but at this point I don't think all members of teams have the "blog" mindset. Even recently an in-house blog was left languishing because the team members were simply used to hitting "Reply-All" in their email. In this case, blogs keep a record of conversations better than emails, in my opinion, and might be better than email. Yet, how this is an improvement on groups is not clear to me.

My boss, Martin House uses his House Notes blog as a communication devise with MLIS staff. So for my part, his is my favorite library blog, since its usefulness is clear to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home