I Love Library Databases

This space is for me to participate in PLCMC's Learning 2.0 program.

Monday, August 28, 2006

PLCMCL2 tagging with view from the ML Ref Desk


refdesk01
Originally uploaded by lltowery.
I would say that I have a good grasp of tagging flickr photos. Just for the sake of our Learning 2.0 project, I took some pictures of Main's Reference Desk, and tagged them with "plcmcl2" and other related tags, just as a demonstration.

You may already know this, but putting a phrase in quotation marks allows that phrase to be one tag. For instance "Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County" would be 7 seperate tags without the quotation marks.

Another neat Flickr feature is Notes. Click on the photo here to get into Flickr, then mouse over that picture, and you will see what I mean.

Ciao!

2 Comments:

Blogger HeleneB said...

Hi Lydia,

Love the demo of the Notes feature in Flickr -- I like this too! My only wish is that it would port over to an imbedded photo in your blog.

H

10:24 AM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Hey Helene,

Yes, I agree completely that it would be very sweet if the Notes feature in Flickr could be embedded...but it is fun in any case!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home